Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Caught in the NET: What is Internet addiction?

'5 more minutes, that's all I need. Let me finish reading this blog first. I'll log off once I’m done talking with my friends. 5 more minutes is all I need.'



Sounds familiar? Internet addiction is more than simply spending too much time on the Internet. In an increasingly connected world, we can't run away from the fact that the Internet is everywhere we go. So let's take a step back and analyse if we're being paranoid or if this is a problem that really exists. What is Internet addiction, and can you really be addicted to the Internet?


www.eGen.sg is a non-profit blogging community for youth and young adults in Singapore. Services provided include online counselling by professional social workers and counsellors! Sign up at www.eGen.sg for online real-time sessions with counsellors if you want someone to talk to and

to discuss what Internet addiction is and what we can do to prevent ourselves from being caught in the Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment